Who We Are
WPTA PP-SIG is a Private Practice Special Interest Group of the Wisconsin Physical Therapy Association, Inc. Our group is composed of physical therapists in private practice throughout the State of Wisconsin, including solo practitioners and those with multiple clinics.
Our Primary Goal
To create a unified voice for physical therapy private practices in Wisconsin.
To foster growth, economic viability, sound business and clinical practices of physical therapist owned PT services for the benefit of the public, and to promote exclusive ownership of PT services by physical therapists in the State of Wisconsin.
- We value business practices that promote the development of small business private practice.
- We value the promotion of reimbursement for services commensurate with physical therapy as a doctoring profession that is patient-centric.
- We value collaboration and alliances among private practices that foster growth and continued advocacy of individual practices.
- We value business model innovation that continues to promote private practice physical therapy and physical therapy as a doctoring profession.
- We value our ability to work together; leveraging our group’s purchasing volume to negotiate better rates on goods and services for the benefit of our members.
- We value direct access and the consumer’s right to choose their physical therapist as their preferred provider of neuromuscular-skeletal care, without barriers.
- To establish and work toward the goals and missions of the APTA, PPS, WPTA and WPTA PPSIG.
- To promote the development of private practice in physical therapy.
- To stimulate, encourage, promote and establish goals and priorities for the Group and the WPTA, and carry them out with the help of professional consultants or our own membership.
- To collaborate with PPSIGs in the Midwestern States to encourage regional collaboration.